MitoQ Liver is a targeted antioxidant that supports liver function and detoxification.
MitoQ Liver is a ground-breaking formula featuring patented MitoQ, which is 847 times more effective than CoQ10 at targeting mitochondria. It may help repair oxidative damage to hepatocytes and supports normal liver function when taken daily.
It also contains Siliphos Milk Thistle, selenium, and choline, important liver support ingredients. Standard milk thistle extract is known to have poor absorption, however Siliphos Milk Thistle is complexed with phospholipids which improves its absorption by several times over standard milk thistle extract.
The Importance of Liver Function and the Role of Mitochondria
Our liver is a vital organ that performs over 500 different functions and is made up of millions of tiny cells called hepatocytes. These hepatocytes contain abundant mitochondria and require a constant supply of oxygen and energy to function properly. They are also vulnerable to oxidative stress.
What factors cause oxidative damage to the Liver?
Fortunately, our liver is very good at self-regenerating; however, this process can be overwhelmed if free radical attack is constant or if weight gain, alcohol, toxins, medications, viruses or illnesses inflict significant damage. Sometimes a little extra help is needed to support normal liver function.
Mitoquinol mesylate, equiv. Mitoquinol 5mg
- MitoQ has been researched and shown to help repair liver damage.
- MitoQ is a targeted antioxidant that works directly inside liver mitochondria to neutralise free radical production. When taken in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise, MitoQ can help reduce oxidative stress to the liver cells.
135mg Vitacholine (Choline Bitartrate), providing 55mg Choline
- 90% of people are deficient in choline
- Supports maintenance of liver function & normal use of fats by the liver
- Supports normal homocysteine metabolism
- Builds cellular health
- An important nutrient for methylation in the body, which is the key process for cell repair, generation and detoxification
Siliphos Milk Thistle (equiv. Silybin) 80mg (26.4mg)
- Siliphos is a patented, clinically researched milk thistle designed to improve the silybin absorption and maintain a healthy liver.
- Silybin has 10 times higher liver bioavailability than standard milk thistle extract because the active ingredient, Silybin, is compounded with soy phospholipids to significantly improve bioavailability.
- Milk thistle is an essential ingredient for a liver supplement to support liver function & protect it against oxidative stress.
- Standard milk thistle is characterised by poor absorption
- Also supports healthy blood sugar levels.
- Supports liver health when under attack from toxins eg alcohol, paracetamol,
Selenocysteine (equiv. Selenium) 53mcg (25mcg)
- Several studies have demonstrated Selenium’s protective effect on the liver
- Antioxidant (necessary to form glutathione peroxidase & thioredoxin reductase – both antioxidants)
- Immune Strength
- Tissue elasticity – selenium is needed for tissue elasticity which is important for people with chronic liver disease as the disease causes liver tissue & local blood vessel rigidity
Also contains: Precipitated Amorphous Silica, Microcyrstalline Cellulose. MitoQ Liver contains no animal products or gluten.
Adult dose: 2 capsules each morning.
Always read the label and use as directed. Do not exceed dose unless directed by your physician. Consult your physician if you are pregnant or nursing. If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
Click on the picture below to buy in my online store - just choose Liver from the MitoQ Special drop-down options.